Friends, family, strangers - welcome to my blog! My name is Trina, and I cook and bake as a hobby. I'd like to keep track of my recipes, as well as share them with my friends and family.


Cooking and baking your own food is so much healthier than buying pre-made meals at the store, and even restaurants can be a bit shifty sometimes. When you cook your own food, you know exactly what is going into your meal, and you can make it as healthy, fat-free, and flavourful as you want. Or as fatty and hearty as you want. Admittedly, most of my recipes (so far) are on the fatty, hearty, chock-full-of-meat side, but I assure you there's some of my famous vegan baking (indiscernable from baking with dairy and eggs) recipes in here!


ABOUT ME ... TIPS & TRICKS ... LINKS

Jan 20, 2010

Blog: It's Been Awhile!

Yikes! I haven't posted since December! Happy New Year everyone! I had a lovely Christmas and a quiet New Years. I did end up making a batch of chocolate chip cookies for our five year old niece, but J ate them all before she could have any. The best gift I received was a bread machine from my parents! And you can bet the money you got in that Christmas card from your Auntie that I've been using it. A lot.

I have also been very busy doing non-culinary things, the main one being painting J's brother's new house. And a big house it is - I've been at it for nine days total, and I'm still not done the first two levels. I've also been refinishing furniture. No, I won't refinish that harvest table you've had for ages. It's not a fun task - the only reason why I'm refinishing my furniture is a pride-of-ownership thing. And a sense of "Hey, I bought it for 85 bucks, may as well sand it down a little." It's a lovely little solid knotty pine dry sink; not an antique or anything, but it looks awesome in my living room.

Without further ado, I'll post a couple more heart-warming recipes to share with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment