Friends, family, strangers - welcome to my blog! My name is Trina, and I cook and bake as a hobby. I'd like to keep track of my recipes, as well as share them with my friends and family.


Cooking and baking your own food is so much healthier than buying pre-made meals at the store, and even restaurants can be a bit shifty sometimes. When you cook your own food, you know exactly what is going into your meal, and you can make it as healthy, fat-free, and flavourful as you want. Or as fatty and hearty as you want. Admittedly, most of my recipes (so far) are on the fatty, hearty, chock-full-of-meat side, but I assure you there's some of my famous vegan baking (indiscernable from baking with dairy and eggs) recipes in here!


ABOUT ME ... TIPS & TRICKS ... LINKS

Mar 29, 2010

Hummingbird Cupcakes

I used this Hummingbird Cake recipe from Joy of Baking, and turned it into a cupcake. I made a few changes:

Substitute 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour for whole-wheat
No pecans in the frosting
Pineapple tidbits instead of crushed (because J got the wrong can from the store!)
Made 21 cupcakes instead of 2 round cakes

Healthy, moist, and delicious! What a great recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment