Friends, family, strangers - welcome to my blog! My name is Trina, and I cook and bake as a hobby. I'd like to keep track of my recipes, as well as share them with my friends and family.


Cooking and baking your own food is so much healthier than buying pre-made meals at the store, and even restaurants can be a bit shifty sometimes. When you cook your own food, you know exactly what is going into your meal, and you can make it as healthy, fat-free, and flavourful as you want. Or as fatty and hearty as you want. Admittedly, most of my recipes (so far) are on the fatty, hearty, chock-full-of-meat side, but I assure you there's some of my famous vegan baking (indiscernable from baking with dairy and eggs) recipes in here!


ABOUT ME ... TIPS & TRICKS ... LINKS

Mar 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Isobel requested this one! This is a dead easy recipe. I can't really take credit for it, and I'm not sure who can, as it is on the label of just about every peanut butter jar you buy. It's almost stupefying in its simplicity - there's no flour, no soda, no added oil ... just pure goodness. If happiness took on cookie form, this would be it.

1 c. peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your choice)
1 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
Optional: 1/2 package chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Arrange a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie pan. Stir first three ingredients together until they are well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto the parchment paper, and flatten with the tines of a fork. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, and don't overbake! These cookies are by far at their best when chewy.

No comments:

Post a Comment