Friends, family, strangers - welcome to my blog! My name is Trina, and I cook and bake as a hobby. I'd like to keep track of my recipes, as well as share them with my friends and family.


Cooking and baking your own food is so much healthier than buying pre-made meals at the store, and even restaurants can be a bit shifty sometimes. When you cook your own food, you know exactly what is going into your meal, and you can make it as healthy, fat-free, and flavourful as you want. Or as fatty and hearty as you want. Admittedly, most of my recipes (so far) are on the fatty, hearty, chock-full-of-meat side, but I assure you there's some of my famous vegan baking (indiscernable from baking with dairy and eggs) recipes in here!


ABOUT ME ... TIPS & TRICKS ... LINKS

Dec 22, 2009

Glögg

The Swedes have devised a delicious drink reminiscient of the Holidays. It is called Glögg. Truly all it is, is mulled wine; but there are some extra ingredients that make this a real treat. Cassis (or blackcurrant) syrup is one of them.

Find a bottle of non-alcoholic Glögg (the "ö" is pronounced like "oo" in the word "good," but with your tongue kinda curled) at your local IKEA store. Dilute it down with some red wine when you get home, and I like to dilute it even further with some water, to taste. It is very sweet and rich if you drink it as-is. Then I put my mug in the microwave for a couple minutes to make it hot. Feel free to heat up larger quantities of this wonderful stuff in a saucepan until it is simmering.

The Swedes serve it in a clear mug with a stick or two of cinnamon, some sliced almonds, and a few golden raisins. Yes, they plop the nuts and raisins right into the drink. Enjoy this heart-warmer with some gingersnaps on the side on a cold winter night.

No comments:

Post a Comment