Friends, family, strangers - welcome to my blog! My name is Trina, and I cook and bake as a hobby. I'd like to keep track of my recipes, as well as share them with my friends and family.


Cooking and baking your own food is so much healthier than buying pre-made meals at the store, and even restaurants can be a bit shifty sometimes. When you cook your own food, you know exactly what is going into your meal, and you can make it as healthy, fat-free, and flavourful as you want. Or as fatty and hearty as you want. Admittedly, most of my recipes (so far) are on the fatty, hearty, chock-full-of-meat side, but I assure you there's some of my famous vegan baking (indiscernable from baking with dairy and eggs) recipes in here!


ABOUT ME ... TIPS & TRICKS ... LINKS

Dec 9, 2009

Peach BBQ Ribs

I like to eat something sweet with my pork. Whether it's bacon, sausages, ham, or ribs, I feel that pork just isn't complete without a sweet element. In this recipe, I use in-season peaches to sweeten the BBQ sauce. This recipe needs to be started well in advance, so consider starting this recipe the day before you plan to serve the ribs.

Sauce:
2 large peaches, chopped (I left skin on)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 c. BBQ sauce (use your favourite)
1/4 c. beer
1/4 c. ketchup
1 Tbsp. grated fresh garlic
1/8 c. maple syrup

Mix all of these in a large mason jar or other suitable closed container. Let it sit for as long as possible to let the flavours meld and mingle - overnight is ideal.

Ribs:
Rub your rack(s) of ribs in salt and pepper. Wrap your ribs, bone-side up, in a double layer of tin foil and braise at 325 F for about 1.5 hours (or until cooked through).

At this point, the ribs can be refrigerated, so you can prepare the sauce and cook the ribs the night before, and then slow-cook the ribs the next day.

Slow Cooker:
Place ribs into your slow cooker in any way they fit, and cover them with the peach BBQ sauce. Pour enough beer into the slow cooker to cover the bottom. Cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours, and serve with more BBQ sauce.

It will fall off the bone! You will need lots of napkins. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment